On February 4, 2005, the Chornobyl Center experts took part in the meeting that dealt with planning of the UNDP Chornobyl Recovery and Development Program (ChRDP) activities for the year of 2005.
The meeting discussed general goals of the ChRDP and results anticipated in 2005. The ChRDP concepts were presented and proposals to annual action plan were reviewed.
The meeting approved the following ChRDP activity objectives for 2005:
- support development and self-organization of village communities within the affected areas;
- provide assistance in state policies and institutional changes improvement;
- strengthen local institutions’ potential in overcoming the consequences of the Chornobyl catastrophe;
- assists to regional collaboration;
- disseminate information about the consequences of the Chornobyl catastrophe and ChRDP activities.
Due to its partnership with international organizations, regional and local state administrations, village councils, NGOs, and private businesses, the ChRDP supports communities in their initiatives for economical and social development, environmental recovery, and also assists in dissemination of information about the Chornobyl catastrophe in Ukraine and overseas.
The ChRDP components are as following:
- Self-organization and development of communities;
- Social development;
- Strategic development;
- Economical development;
- Environmental recovery.