The management of the Chornobyl Center is aware of its responsibility for quality of products and services in the face of a customer, and assumes obligations to adhere to quality standards while providing an effective operation and continuous improvement of the quality management system and supporting this activity with required resources.
The Center provides high-quality scientific, research, and engineering services compliant to all the requirements stated in the nuclear legislation of Ukraine, norms, rules and standards on nuclear and radiation safety, technical safety and environmental protection.
The Chornobyl Center’s Quality Management System has been certified by Bureau Veritas Certification Company as compliant with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 international standard in the area of supplies ‘Scientific and technical, engineering activities in the area of nuclear and radiation safety, radioecology. Management of scientific and technical projects’.
With the objective to implement basic types of the activities declared in its Charter, the Chornobyl Center has obtained all required licenses, certificates, and permissions:
- License Series OV No. 011096, State Nuclear Regulatory Inspectorate of Ukraine, 26.07.2017 ‑20.06.2022. Activities involving use of ionizing radiation sources.
2. License Series АЕ No. 637816, State Service of Ukraine for Supervision of Drugs, 08.04.2015 ‑08.04.2020. Acquisition, storage, transportation, sales (selling), disposal, use of precursors (List 2 in Table ІV) from the “List of Narcotic Drugs, Psychotropic Substances and Precursors”.
3. Permit No. 589.14.30, State Service of Ukraine for Mines and Industrial Safety, 30.05.2014 – 29.05.2019. Use of hazardous dangerous substances of Hazard Categories 1, 2 & 3(as per SST 12.1.005-76 andSST 12.1.005-88):- Hazard Category 1: hydrazine monohydrate, methanol, nickel;- Hazard Category 2: barium hydroxide, bromine, carbon tetrachloride, potassium hydroxide, potassium permanganate, sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, sulfosalicylic acid, oxalic acid, sodium hydroxide, silver nitrate, orthoxylene;- Hazard Category 3: 1,4-dioxane, ammonium sulfate, ammonium chloride, benzene, hydrogen peroxide, ethylenediamine, iron chloride (III), potassium bromide, potassium chloride, acid nitric, acid aminoacetic, acid boric, acetic acid, sodium bicarbonate, sodium nitrite, tributyl phosphate, phenol, formamide.
4. Permit No. 1640.14.32, Regional Office of the State Service of Ukraine for Mines and Industrial Safety in Kyiv Region and Kyiv City, 12.05.2014 – 11.05.2019. Storage of cylinders with compressed gas: cylinders with gas mixture (argon 90%, methane 10%).
5. PermitNo. 1647.14.32, Regional Office of the State Service of Ukraine for Mines and Industrial Safety in Kyiv Region and Kyiv City, 12.05.2014 – 11.05.2019. Operation of vessels operating under pressure exceeding 0.05 MPa:- cylinders with gas mixture (argon 90%, methane 10%).
6. Decision No. RSH-P 0.23.112-16 on approval of the supplier, SE “NNEGC “Energoatom”, 21.11.2016 – 20.11.2019. Provision of engineering and technical services in the field of nuclear and radiation safety for the separate divisions of SE “NNEGC “Energoatom”:
• Development of the project documentation (and changes thereto) to the nuclear installation or storage in general or parts thereof, including all facilities that are located on the site of the given nuclear installation or storage and technologically related to them, including safety justification documents, namely:
– development of methods and calculations for scientific and technical support of safe operation of NPP;
– safety analysis of NPP units (including probabilistic);- safety analysis of storage facilities for radioactive waste and spent nuclear fuel;- design of radiation protection from ionizing radiation sources;
– engineering support for decommissioning of NPP units.
• Development of design documentation for systems and elements that are important for the nuclear installation safety, namely:- development of methods and calculations and studies to assess and justify the resource of systems that are important for the nuclear installation safety.
• Physical protection of nuclear installations, nuclear materials, radioactive waste, other ionizing radiation sources, namely:
– design of physical protection systems and engineering and technical means of protection of nuclear installations, nuclear materials, RAW and other IRS;
– installation, commissioning, maintenance, repair of physical protection systems and engineering and technical means of protection of nuclear installations, nuclear materials, RAW and other IRS.
• Development of software and information databases.
7. Sanitary passport No. 7, The Main Administration of the State Consumer Service in Kyiv region, 14.08.2017 ‑13.08.2021. Permit authorizing to work with ionizing radiation sources (IRS) in the institutions of Ukraine:- with unsealed IRS (as per the list);- with sealed IRS (as per the list);- other works with IRS (as per the list).
8. Certificate No. UA228305/1of Quality Management System Conformity toISO 9001:2015, Bureau VeritasCertification, 23.11.2017 ‑28.12.2019. Scientific, technical and engineering activities in the area of nuclear and radiation safety, radioecology. Project management in the field of science and technology.
9. Special Permit No. 001283, State Agency of Ukraine on the Exclusion Zone Management, 26.09.2018 – 24.09.2019. According to CEA 72.19 “Research and experimental development in the field of other natural sciences and engineering” on the territories of exclusion zones and unconditional (compulsory) resettlement.
10. Certificate for State Registration of Print MediaSeries KV No. 20395-10195R, State Registration Service of Ukraine, dated 20.11.2013. Publication of the scientific and technical collection entitled ‘Problems of Chernobyl Exclusion Zone’ and presenting the results of research and development in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, aimed at the development of technologies and facilities for radioactive waste management, elimination of the Chornobyl accident consequences, and solving other radioecological problems.