On April 27, 2016, Dr. Mykhailo Bondarkov, Director General of the Chornobyl Center, signed the MEMORANDUM ON COOPERATION AND INTENTIONS to create a scientific and technical cluster for training and advanced training of the experts in decommissioning of nuclear facilities and management of spent fuel and radioactive waste in the town of Slavutych, Kyiv Region.
The structure of the cluster also includes:
- Slavutych City Council in the Kyiv Region;
- National Technical University of Ukraine named “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”;
- SSE “Chornobyl NPP”;
- Separate Subdivision of NNEGC “Energoatom” named “AtomRemontServis”;
- Institute for Safety Issues of nuclear power plants under the NAS of Ukraine.
The cluster was established to facilitate efficient cooperation in the development of nuclear energy, decommissioning of nuclear installations and extension of their operational life, management of spent nuclear fuel and radioactive waste in Ukraine, establishment of cooperation networks, and intensification of cooperation with international organizations working in the field of power industry and ecology.
The following areas of cooperation are stated in the Memorandum:
- Training of qualified experts in the decommissioning of nuclear facilities and management of spent nuclear fuel and radioactive waste.
- Advanced training of experts in the decommissioning of nuclear facilities and management of spent nuclear fuel and radioactive waste.
- Ensuring joint coordination of activities in the abovementioned areas.
- Development of a high level of responsibility to the partners.
- Uprating all members of the cluster in the energy and ecology domains.
- Exchange of experience and knowledge accumulated by the Parties in their respective areas of expertise through participation of their representatives in workshops, conferences, forums, and other events organized by any Party.
- Development of training programs and standards for experts in the decommissioning of nuclear facilities, management of spent nuclear fuel and radioactive waste; and their advanced training.
Фото надано Славутицькою міською радою