Survey, Design and Upgrade of Security Systems for High-Level Radiological Sources Currently Used in Medical Institutions of Ukraine
Customer: Battelle Memorial Institute, Pacific Northwest Division, USA
Beneficiary: Ministry of Health of Ukraine (MHU)
The following activities were performed within the framework of the Program under special task orders:
- survey of each clinic from Groups А, В, С, D & Е (48 clinics ) and development of the reports in accordance with the Customer’s requirements;
- development of basic requirements to the security systems’ upgrades meeting the task order requirements;
- supply of equipment and materials required for installation of the security systems based on the technical specifications;
- installation and setup of the following systems: security lighting, video monitoring (setup of the parameters to display signals from video cameras, recording modes, video server operation modes, access code), and intrusion detection system;
- performance and acceptance testing;
- development of the following security procedures (in cooperation with the clinics): two-person rule , operating instructions for the security systems, manuals for technical maintenance and repairs, control and training programs;
- training of personnel.
The projects were implemented within the framework of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Radiological Threat Reduction Program (RTR) being a free technical assistance program.
Head of Physical and Information Security Department
Valentyn I. Martynenko
Tel: +38 04579 6 15 75
Fax: +38 04579 2 81 44