Customer: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), USA
Beneficiary: Kyiv City Oncology Clinic
The project was implemented within the framework of the initiative of the Office of International Material Protection and Cooperation under the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA).
The project was targeted at preventing the spread of radiological dispersion devices used at the Kyiv Oncology Clinic by upgrading its security systems in order to avert unauthorized access to the devices.
Within the framework of the project:
- vulnerability assessment of the radio therapy rooms was made;
- source data required for the security system upgrading design were identified;
- upgrading design was developed;
- alarm and video surveillance systems were installed and set up;
- maintenance procedures for the clinic’s guard force were developed.
Head of Physical and Information Security Department
Valentyn I. Martynenko
Tel: +38 04579 6 15 75
Fax: +38 04579 2 81 44