Customer: Civilian Research and Development Foundation (CRDF), USA
The following activities are performed within the framework of the project:
- Assessment of radioactive contamination level of various birds’ species living within the Chornobyl Exclusion Zone
- Analysis of 90Sr, 134Cs content in the organisms of various birds’ species in relation to the level of the territory contamination, seasonal variations of life cycle, trophic specializations, age and sex.
- Analysis of radionuclides distribution in tissues of birds’ organism, analysis of bioaccumulation of contaminated elements by different tissues.
- Analysis of radionuclides distribution frequency depending on radioactive conditions, season and bird species.
- Determination of birds’ species that are more sensitive to radioactive contamination. Determination of sensitivity reasons.
Deputy Director for Science of The International Radioecology Laboratory
Sergii P. Gaschak
Tel.: +38 (04579) 6-15-62
Fax: +38 (04579) 6 15 62